10 Delicious Ways to Use Pea Protein Powder
By Kim Maes, OL Nutrition Expert
Hint… It’s not just for smoothies…
You don’t have to save your protein powders just for your smoothies anymore. There are so many great ways to add protein to your diet throughout the entire day.
Here are some ideas to boost the protein contents of your favourite foods. I’ve also included one of my favourite no-bake protein-rich snack recipes. It is a simple one to throw together and is packed with protein and nutrients to get you through the day!
10 Ways to Use That Protein Powder!
1. Add 1 scoop of vanilla pea protein powder to your favorite healthy pancake or waffle recipe. Make sure to increase liquid amount in recipe by ¼ cup.
2. Add 1 scoop of vanilla pea protein powder to a favorite muffin recipe. Make sure to increase liquid amount in recipe by ¼ cup.
3. Add ½ scoop of vanilla pea protein powder to scrambled eggs. Add the powder to eggs and scramble/whisk mixture together before adding to pan.
4. Add ½ scoop of vanilla pea protein powder to Greek Yogurt. Stir until well blended. Top with fresh fruit.
5. Make 4-Ingredient No-Bake Protein Bars (Recipe Below)
6. Add 1 scoop of vanilla or chocolate pea protein powder to your favorite pudding.
7. Add 1 scoop chocolate pea protein powder into your morning iced coffee drink. Mix in blender to create a “frappuccino”
8. Make a fresh fruit “sherbet”. Add ½ scoop chocolate pea protein powder to 1 – 1 ½ cups coconut milk and 2 cups frozen fruit. Mix well in blender. Freeze for 1 hour before serving.
9. Jazz up your morning oatmeal. Add 1 scoop vanilla pea protein powder to your usual oatmeal recipe. Top with fresh berries.
10. Make Protein Popsicles. Blend 1 cup of your favorite fruit, 1 scoop of vanilla or chocolate pea protein powder of choice, and 1 cup of coconut milk. Pour in popsicle molds and freeze for a high-protein frozen treat.
And for a great high-protein snack, here is a recipe that can be thrown together in five minutes. They are great to keep stashed in the fridge for a quick and healthy morning or afternoon snack.
4-Ingredient No-Bake Protein Bars
4 ½ cups uncooked oatmeal (quick oats)
1 1/3 cups cashew (or almond) butter
1 cup coconut cream or milk
4-5 scoops Olympian Labs vanilla pea protein powder
1. Whisk coconut cream until mixture is smooth.
2. Add Olympian Labs vanilla pea protein powder to cream and whisk until the mixture becomes blended and smooth.
3. Add cashew (or almond) butter and mix together.
4. Add uncooked oatmeal and mix well. You may need to use your hands at this point.
5. Flatten the mix in an 8×8-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper.
6. Chill in the fridge overnight (or minimum 2hrs) then cut into 12 or 16 bars.